Rich has been inspecting homes since 1994 and performing energy audits since 2006. In that time he has inspected over 4,000 homes and assessed and overseen more than 500 weatherization projects for single and multi-family homes. His credentials include:
- Building Performance Institute certified Building Analyst Professional and Building Envelope Professional #5042458
- Building Science Institute certified for Building Science Thermography
- Infrared Training Center certified Level I Thermographer
- Environmental Solution Association certified Mold Inspector
- State of New Hampshire Licensed Home Inspector #153
BPI Certified: The Building Performance Institute (BPI) is the nation’s leading building science accreditation organization. The “house as a system” philosophy – which looks at a building’s various components (building envelope, attic, basement, combustion equipment, ventilation sources) and the interrelationship between them to maximize a home’s performance. This approach leads to greater energy efficiency, but perhaps more importantly to buildings that simply work better. A home that has been analyzed and upgraded from a whole-house standpoint is more durable, healthier, more comfortable, and more energy efficient.
For more information about BPI’s standards, take a look at their Technical Standards for Building Analysts (PDF).
Janel has been involved in the inspection business over 10 years. She has attended home inspection seminars, assisted with inspections and completed mold certification training. Her knowledgebase about home inspections and the engergy auditing program is vast and is able to answer any questions you may have.